Over the years I have served as a formal and informal strategic and communications adviser to a range of efforts and organizations. While on the faculty of the School of Media and Public Affairs at The George Washington University I am accepting a limited number of projects. Engagements can range from brainstorming sessions and planning meetings to full strategic support. Send me an email to discuss an idea.
Recent clients include strategic planning and communication consulting with Lehigh Valley Reads, and Burness Communication supporting strategic communication and crisis communication planning for a federal scientific agency.
Founder & Principal Milo Public Affairs LLC
The firm provided legislative, strategic, and communications support clients ranging from “America’s Funniest Home Videos” and American Farmland Trust, to the World Wildlife Fund and WickedCoolStuff.com. Other client engagements included:
- Designing and managing a public education and advocacy campaign for the Solar Energy Industries Association to protect tax fairness for the industry.
- Designing and helping implement a successful advocacy campaign to mandate greater transparency in global extractive industries for the Publish What You Pay coalition.
- Serving as the interim executive director of Murder Victims Families for Reconciliation, a national organization of murder victim family members opposed to capital punishment.
- Serving as a strategic adviser and legislative liaison for a national budget exercise for AmericaSpeaks.
- Leading a strategic planning effort for Law Students in Court.
- Lobbying on media ownership and network neutrality issues for the Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors.
Senior Vice President at M+R Strategic Services
At this national public affairs and political consulting firmI directed the Media Relations team and provided strategic counsel to a wide array of clients. Work included:
- Helping launch the Save Darfur Coalition.
- Leading strategic planning, and providing strategic and communications advice for Human Rights First.
- Serving as a strategic adviser to the JEHT Foundation.